Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
To apply for this position, email us your cover letter and CV.
|Position Title:||Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis|
|Based in:||Boston, MA|
Eventide is a young, growing, and mission-driven company looking to attract people who are eager to serve others and the global common good. Eventide employees work hard for the sake of others—our clients, other employees, and our world. We’re looking to make the world rejoice through a different kind of investing that puts capital to work in great businesses. Our mission is to honor God and serve our clients by seeking out investments in businesses creating compelling value for the global common good. Come join this exciting cause.
We are seeking a Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis to lead new role at the company and help drive organization-wide planning, budgeting, goal setting, forecasting and strategic decision making as part of a high performing team in Boston, MA.
The FP&A Manager is an exciting new role at Eventide and provides a highly visible opportunity requiring frequent interaction with the CEO, the Finance Lead and the entire executive team. This hands-on role will drive impact across Eventide with a particular focus on leading organization-wide planning processes, goal setting, and supporting a wide range of strategic analysis and decision making. Reporting directly to the Finance Lead, you will provide decision support to executive management, lead the budget, forecast, and reporting processes in concert with the Assistant Controller, and provide sophisticated financial analysis/modeling capability for all new initiatives. You will be instrumental in developing tools and processes to continually improve our analytical and measurement capabilities, with the goal of creating an environment where the majority of time is spent in analysis versus data gathering.
Collaborating across the organization, you will compile and publish highly analytical and insightful analyses of Eventide’s investment and corporate performance. You will produce monthly and quarterly decks, and other financial presentations for the executive team. You will also manage the quarterly operations review for the organization. The position requires strong financial analytic, planning and modeling skills, problem solving skills, and an excellent business sense. It also requires the ability to understand the big picture of the financial model, while being very detail oriented. Impeccable character, integrity, and work ethic are critical for success.
At this time, Eventide can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately Eventide cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Position and Responsibilities
- Build out the FP&A function.
- Develop business plan for any new initiatives, with a focus on ROI measures.
- Serve as financial business partner to the executive team; build strong relationships across the organization and provide valuable insight/recommendations.
- Lead all planning (annual, quarterly and multi-year), economics, analysis, management reporting, and ad-hoc financial analysis.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting—analyzing financial and investment results, distilling/synthesizing key trends, assessing current and future business risk, and communicating key messages.
- Go “deep” into the investment analytics/data to uncover key trends/insights, and then effectively communicate with and enable business partners to make the most informed decision possible.
- Coordinate with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding company strategy, financial plans, new business planning, and operating forecasts.
- Provide insightful analysis including but not limited to revenue and cost, investment cases, product profitability, key performance indicators (KPIs) and productivity metrics.
- Performing bonus calculations for investment team personnel based on investment performance; providing CIO and CEO with quarterly visibility.
- Providing investment and corporate finance metrics to marketing and compliance team for the creation of 15(c) letters, due diligence questionnaires, fact sheets, and institutional presentations.
- Develop strong working relationships within and outside the finance function with a personal style that fosters trust and open lines of communication. Partner with Assistant Controller as needed.
- Develop a deep understanding of Eventide’s business including competitive environment.
- Assist Finance Lead in building and owning the long-term financial model for internal and external purposes.
- Assist Finance Lead in building out Eventide’s ERP systems.
- Communicate with colleagues, management, clients and others in a collaborative, courteous, professional and Eventide values-honoring manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- MBA or CIPM strongly preferred (or on track to obtain).
- Minimum 5-7+ years of experience.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and build complex financial analytics and models (in Excel and other planning applications).
- Analytical prowess, strategic thinking, and a command of the details.
- Ability to deal with conflict and manage expectations.
- Exposure to key financial management processes as required in a scaling, highly complex organization.
- Ability to lead and influence broader team, including those not in direct reporting line.
- Stellar problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and often.
- Ability to work cross functionally.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to live out Eventide’s values and mission.
- Willingness to support Eventide’s prospectus statement screening criteria.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and capabilities. We offer structures that include base and bonus, as well as a full benefits package.