Portfolio Operations Analyst
To apply for this position, email us your cover letter and CV.
Department: Portfolio Management
Position reports to: Director of Portfolio Operations
Position supervises: Individual Contributor
About Eventide Asset Management, LLC
Eventide is a Boston-based investment adviser providing values-based advisory services to its clients since 2008. The firm is growing as a leader in values-based investing designed to serve investors and help improve our world. Eventide’s trademark is “Investing that Makes the World Rejoice ®.” The firm serves as investment adviser to the Eventide mutual funds as well as providing model portfolios and model mutual fund allocations to intermediary platforms used by financial advisers. Eventide has grown to approximately 50 employees with nearly $5 billion in assets under management. Eventide is based at One International Place near Boston’s waterfront. We look forward to meeting candidates eager to join our exciting mission—seeking out investments in companies that create compelling value for the global common good.
Portfolio Operations Analyst Role
The Portfolio Operations Analyst will work with the Director of Portfolio Operations in helping to implement the investment strategies of our investment products, including trade support, trade reconciliation, model management, client reporting, compliance reporting and monitoring and supporting the Firm’s marketing needs. The role will require both independent and collaborative work in a small firm setting. The ideal candidate will have high integrity, be a self-starter, who is diligent with details and is eager to learn the details of investment implementation. The role will have a diverse set of responsibilities, challenges, processes, and stakeholders in a small, growing company and thus presents a unique opportunity for the right candidate to obtain broad investment industry experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in trade reporting, equity, and fixed income trade allocation
- Manage daily trade/position and cash reconciliation process
- Manage daily NAV review/reconciliation and documentation
- Manage TCA (trade cost analysis) reporting and vendor tools
- Assist in testing and reconciling new trading software
- Support new fund launches or client onboarding
- Support other business areas, such as sales and marketing source relevant and approved portfolio characteristics and data
- Support Private Investment process, including attending Fair Value calls and recording minutes and assisting with deal documentation
- Support documentation requests for portfolio operations responsibilities in Audit, liquidity reporting
- Work with Compliance to help document and resolve trade errors
- Works independently as well as on a team, able to support the investment, compliance, investment-consulting group, sales and marketing teams
- Be a self-starter and work across departments to improve process and output
- Bachelor’s degree in business/finance or computer science or equivalent work experience is required
- 4-6 years of related experience (financial services or banking preferred)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel/MS Office. Experience with SQL a plus
- Previous experience using Bloomberg or Morningstar a plus and/or an interest to learn and work on new software applications
- Ability to research and solve moderate to complex scenarios
- Strong attention to detail and deadline oriented to meet the daily, monthly, quarterly and annual deadlines associated with reporting and reconciliation
- Positive attitude with a willingness to work hard and be on a steep learning curve
- Solid interpersonal, teamwork and relationship building skills.
- Adheres to the highest ethical standards, personally and professionally
Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to Angela Kenel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Eventide is an equal opportunity employer
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.