Research Analyst – Biotechnology and Life Sciences
To apply for this position, email us your cover letter and CV.
Eventide is a young, growing, and mission-driven company looking to attract people who are eager to serve others and the global common good. Eventide employees work hard for the sake of others—our clients, other employees, and our world. We’re looking to make the world rejoice through a different kind of investing that puts capital to work in great businesses because we recognize the capacity of business to create tremendous blessing. Our mission is to honor God and serve our clients by seeking out investments in businesses creating compelling value for the global common good.
The responsibilities of the Research Analyst – Biotechnology and Life Sciences position include the evaluation of investments in the biotech and life sciences arenas, including assessing the underlying science, business model, potential products, competitive landscape, and market opportunities. The analyst will support the portfolio manager in conducting fundamental analysis on biotechnology and life science companies and industries.
- Meet with company management in diligence sessions. Review preclinical and clinical data packages.
- Attend industry conferences to gain insight into promising therapeutic and diagnostic approaches.
- Develop surveys and conduct interviews with industry experts to capture market trends. Interact with competitors, customers, distributors and suppliers of covered companies.
- Identify key themes and trends in the data and convey the relevance to investment team.
- Be willing to help with ad hoc research projects as requested by investment team and take on additional roles required in a smaller firm setting.
- Ideal candidate will have excellent academic credentials with expertise in biotechnology and other life science areas, PhD or MD preferred.
- Some investment experience preferred but not required, interest in applying your skill set to an investment setting is required.
- Strong communication skills, creativity, attention to detail, and problem solving abilities.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills.
- Strong support of our Business 360 values-based diligence process
- Strong work ethic and integrity are key to firm culture.